Are you getting the error message ‘Mcafee real time scanning not working ‘? This is simply a standard issue that users regularly face. The McAfee real-time scanning won’t stay on Windows 10 can be a real warning. Since it enhances the probability of virus and malware attack, along with that this specific problem can cause your data and system files corrupted.
Reasons for McAfee Real-Time scanning not working Issue
There are several causes due to which you might have to face this type of problem on your Windows 10 desktop or laptop. Here are the specific causes due to which you may have encountered this problem.
- Outdated McAfee Antivirus security definition
- Conflict with other security software installed
- Corrupted system files
These are the primary causes due to which real-time scanning McAfee won’t stay on. We are going to provide you some tested processes to resolve this problem. But still solving this problem can be very hard. Proceeding with these steps require to have some advanced computing skills.
If you don’t feel confident enough, you can take the professionals’ assistance to fix the problem.
In that case, all you have to do is dial the toll-free McAfee Helpline Number for McAfee and talk to the professionals about the problem. They will certainly help you with the solution.
Process to fix McAfee Real-Time Scanning Won’t Stay On Windows 10
Restart Your PC
Let’s begin with the easiest fix. Some times, some temporary issues can give you a hard time and you have to face McAfee’s real-time scanning won’t stay on. To restart your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps mentioned below…
- Initially, Open settings
- Then, visit update security and select Recovery
- Subsequently, choose Restart Now
- Now from the login screen tap on the option Troubleshoot
- Then from Startup settings choose Restart to boot your computer in Safe Mode.
Remove other Security Software
If there is any other security software installed on your PC? Then the conflict with that would be the cause of the problem. Uninstall if there is any other security software installed. To uninstall other security software, follow the steps given here.
Visit the Control Panel and choose the Uninstall program button from the list. Now select the Security Software you require to remove. Right-click on it and click the uninstall button.
In some circumstances, there can be a problem uninstalling the third-party security software following the above process. But not to worry, I have an alternate method for you.
Open Windows Run first and then enter ‘appwiz.cpl.’ and click Run.
- Find the security software you wish to remove
- Right Click and choose the Uninstall button
- Click Next and go through the entire other additional dialogue boxes
- Ultimately, Restart your Windows PC to continue with the changes.
Fix the System Files: Run SFC Scannow
You can resolve the system files to fix the McAfee Not Responding issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to Run SFC Scannow.
- Open the Command prompt click the Windows Key from the Keyboard
- Enter cmd and right-click on the ‘Command Prompt.’
- Now tap on Run as Administrator
- Tap Yes
- Then enter SFC /SCANNOW and click the Enter button
- Now you require to wait a few minutes to finish the process
- Finally, Restart your PC
This step needs huge knowledge of the Windows System Files. If you are a beginner level computer user, it is highly advisable to try these under professionals’ supervision.
Tried all the above-mentioned solution correctly? But, yet facing the problem? Here is different other solution which might work for you.
Reset Security Service Center
- Follow these easy and simple steps to reset your Security Service Center.
- Initially, go to Search and enter service.msc, to open facilities.
- After that, Find the Security Center service.
- Now, Right-Click the Security Centre Services and choose Reset.
- Lastly, Restart your computer.
We wish that you would have resolved Mcafee’s real-time scanning not working issue. If not so or you come across any issue…
Dial Mcafee Customer support to get in touch with experts:
We are an independent third-party Mcafee Customer service provider recognized all across the world. Dial our toll-free Mcafee Customer support to get in touch with proficient experts who will assist you step by step solutions whenever need. We are available 24*7, 365 days to assist you whenever required.