Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe is not indispensable in the Windows OS and hence, causes comparatively fewer issues. It is a Verisign signed file which means that this file is digitally signed. It is not a Windows system file which is why it has no visible program window.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
I’m encountering Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe.What should I do?
This error (Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe ) message means that Norton is currently unable to connect to the internet. In order to fix this error(Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe), follow the steps given below-
Step 1- Uninstall and reinstall Norton Internet Security on your computer.
- Go to the Windows Taskbar and click Start.
- Now, go to the Control Panel.
- On the top of the screen, go to Add or Remove Programs/ Programs and Features and double-click on it.
- From the Programs drop-down list, look for Norton.
- In Windows 10, click Uninstall a program.
- Once you navigate to the Norton icon, click on Change/Remove if you use Windows XP, otherwise, click on your Norton product, and then click on Uninstall/Change.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions in order to perform the uninstall successfully.
- Restart your computer.
- Perform a fresh installation of Norton Internet security once your computer restarts.
Note- You can visit the antivirusactivate.com support page in case you face any issues with the uninstall.
Step 2- Make sure the extension isn’t a malware.
- Certain malicious softwares are capable of camouflaging themselves as uistub.exe, especially when located in the C drive of Windows.
- Check the uistub.exe process on your computer to make sure it isn’t a threat.
- Go to the Security Task Manager to verify your computer’s security.
- Feel free to make any necessary security changes if it enforces the system.
Step 3- Scan your computer for any malware attacks.
Run a deep scan on your system and fix any issues or remove any malware that comes up in the scan results.
Step 4- Run Disk Cleanup.
- Right-click any one of the hard drives and select Properties.
- Select the “Disk Cleanup” button in the properties window.
- Select the types of files including temporary files, log files etc. that you can delete and click OK.
- Now, click on the “More Options” button and click on the Cleanup button under the “System Restore and Shadow Copies” option in order to delete the system restore data.
- Uninstall all the programs that aren’t crucial to the day to day functioning of your system.
Go to the control panel to do so.
Step 6- Check for Autostart programs.
- Press the Windows button and type R to open the run command.
- In the “Open” field, type “%AppData%\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup”.
- Press Enter next.
- Navigate to the programs you don’t want to open at startup and right-click.
- Click on Delete.
- Restart your computer.
Step 7- Enable Windows’ Automatic Update and make sure it is updated regularly.
If none of the steps mentioned above helps to fix the error(Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe ) you’re encountering, contact Norton Support @ 1-833-662-5666
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton causing internet connection problems
You may also see:
- Steps to resolve Norton issue “At risk won’t fix”
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Updated Norton Internet Security seems to corrupt system
- How to remove Norton internet security
- How to Reset Norton Family Password
- Norton power eraser problems
- Norton causing internet connection problems