Norton causing internet connection problems on my computer. What should I do?
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
Simple steps to resolve the Norton causing internet connection problems issue.
Step 1- Turn the Smart Firewall off and then on again:
- Open the Norton program window.
- Go to “Settings”.
- Navigate to “Firewall” and click on it from the Settings.
- Go to the General Settings tab of “Smart Firewall”, and click on the slider to turn it “Off”.
- The Protection Alert dialogue box will open now.
- Click on “Apply” from the drop-down menu and then select “Permanently”.
- Now, click on OK.
- Switch Smart firewall back on by repeating steps 1 to 4.
- Try to access a website to make sure the connectivity is established properly.
Step 2- Retune the Firewall rules:
- Open the Norton program window and go to settings.
- Navigate to “Firewall” in the settings window.
- Click “Reset” on the General Settings tab next to Firewall Reset.
- Click Yes in the confirmation prompt.
- Now, click on “Apply”, and then close Norton.
Step 3- Uninstall and reinstall Norton:
- Go to the Windows Taskbar and click Start.
- Now, go to the Control Panel.
- On the top of the screen, go to Add or Remove Programs/ Programs and Features and double-click on it.
- From the Programs drop-down list, look for Norton.
- Once you navigate to the Norton icon, click on Change/Remove if you use Windows XP otherwise, click on your Norton product, and then click on Uninstall/Change.
- Carefully follow the on-screen instructions in order to perform the uninstall successfully.
- Restart your computer.
- Note- You can visit the antivirusactivate.com support page in case you face any issues with the uninstall.
- Perform a fresh installation of Norton Internet security once your computer restarts.
Step 4- Change the trust level of the network computer:
- Open the Norton program window and go to “Settings”.
- Go to “Firewall” in the settings window.
- Open “Network Settings” from the “General Settings” tab.
- b go to Network Trust and click on “Configure”.
- Select the network computer for which the trust level needs to be altered.
- Click on “Full Trust” under Trust Level from the drop-down list.
- Now, click on “Apply” and then OK.
- Close Norton and refresh your system.
Step 5- Uninstall any non-Symantec security product that you may be using:
- Press the Windows key and then type “R” to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type “msconfig” in the run dialogue box, and then press Enter.
- The list of currently installed programs on your computer opens on the screen.
- Navigate to the non-Symantec security product, and then click on Uninstall or Remove.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to complete the uninstall successfully.
- Restart the computer once the removal(Norton causing internet connection problems) is complete to make sure everything is working fine.
If none of the steps mentioned above helps to fix the error you’re encountering, contact Norton Support @ 1-833-662-5666
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton causing internet connection problems
You may also see:
- How to resolve Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome?
- Does your Norton Blocking Google Chrome?
- Norton Identity Safe Vault Password Reset
- Norton full system scan freezes
- Norton unable to connect to server
- Norton fixing quick scan is taking too long
- Norton toolbar not showing in chrome
- Norton error unable to continue 80047ec6
- Norton error 8504 and 101
- Norton error 8504 and 104 on windows 10