Norton is one of the most well-known and widely used anti-virus software. It protects our computer by preventing any unwanted files and folders from entering our computer. These files may enter our computer at any time and corrupt our entire system. So, it is always recommended that you use anti-virus software whenever you are doing some work on your machine. If you want to resolve the issue Norton antivirus error 8504 5, then Contact Norton Support Number.
|Norton Tech Support number||+1 888-225-4458|
Why does Norton antivirus error 8504 5 occurs ?
This Error 8504 5 Norton 360 is a very commonly encountered error of Norton. This Norton antivirus error 8504 5 occurs when:
- We are trying to install Norton although we have some other anti-virus software loaded on our device.
- When we are trying to update Norton anti-virus software but the update process has stopped midway.
- When the installation of Norton software has not been complete.
What are the symptoms of Norton 360 error 8504 5 ?
The various signs of Norton antivirus error 8504 5 are as follows:
- Our computer screen freezes every now and then.
- Our machine stops responding to mouse clicks.
- The device becomes extremely slow and difficult to handle.
How to troubleshoot Norton antivirus error 8504 5 ?
There are quite a number of ways to troubleshoot this Norton antivirus error 8504 5. They are as follows:
METHOD 1: If we have any other anti-virus software installed on our device, then we have to remove that particular software completely from our device. The steps are as follows to fix Norton 360 premier error 8504 5 :
- Click on the Start button present on the Taskbar.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features. A list of Programs will appear.
- From the list of programs that appear, click on the program that you would like to remove from your computer.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Wait for the software to uninstall itself and continue to follow the onscreen instructions until the Finish button appears on the computer screen.
- Restart your machine.
METHOD 2: The second method that we have in hand is to run the Windows File Checker to check whether any files related to our software has become damaged or corrupt. The steps to resolve the issue Norton error code 8504 5 are as follows:
- Click on the Start button present at the bottom of the computer screen on the Taskbar.
- Type command in the search box present at the bottom but remember NOT to hit the ENTER button immediately.
- While holding CTRL and Shift simultaneously on your keyboard, press ENTER.
- You will be prompted to a new dialog box.
- Click on Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type sfc /scannow and then click on ENTER.
- System File Checker will begin scanning for Norton error code 8504 5.
- Wait till the process is complete and continue to follow the on-screen commands until the Finish button appears.
- Click on Finish and then restart your machine. Hopefully, you will be able to get rid of your problems.
However, if the above mentioned methods fail to give you desirable results, then you will have to contact Norton Technical Support for proper guidelines. They will surely be able to help you out. You can easily contact then with the toll-free number given in the official site of Norton.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to fix Error 8504 5 Norton 360
You may also see:
- Norton toolbar not showing in chrome
- Norton error unable to continue 80047ec6
- Norton error 8504 and 101
- Norton error 8504 and 104 on windows 10
- Norton 8921 and 251 error
- Norton causing internet connection problems
- Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe
- Can’t communicate with Norton server
- How to resolve Norton power eraser error
- Are you getting Norton 554 delivery error