Fix Norton antivirus not opening issue easily
Norton is a very common and fairly well-known name and no one can talk about antivirus without mentioning this name. There is definitely no doubt about the fact that Norton is one of the best antivirus programs that protects your device from all kinds of virus attacks. To take advantage of the many benefits offered by this antivirus program, you just have to install it on your device and go. But what if this antivirus program stops functioning, leaving your device prone to virus attacks? Well, actually the Norton antivirus not opening is a very common issue faced by the users time and again. To help the users fix this issue, this article presents some basic troubleshooting methods.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1 888-225-4458|
Common forms of Norton antivirus not opening
The not opening problem is actually a combination of many different problems that might arise with your Norton program which can take various forms.
- Norton notifications not working
- Installation wizard not opening on system Norton
- Norton 360 internet security won’t open on my computer
- Norton system scan not functioning
- Not able to open Norton security on Windows device
- Norton login not working
- Not working of Norton mobile security on apps
Process to resolve Norton not working issue
There are some simple process to fix the Norton not working issue that can be followed by the users with little or no technical knowledge. Some of these techniques are discussed below.
Confirm that you are using updated version of Norton
In case you are using an older version of Norton, it might not work suitably. It is highly advisable that you use the latest version of the antivirus program. There are two different process by which users can update their Norton antivirus program.
Update from Norton account
Follow these easy steps to update Norton from your Norton account:
- Sign in to your Norton account and visit the ‘Devices’ page.
- Choose your device and click the ‘update’ button next to the Norton antivirus.
- The installation of the latest updates, if any, will begin automatically.
Update from Update Center
- Go to Norton Update Center and Click on the ‘Update Me Now’ option.
- The download will begin automatically or you can also begin it manually.
- To perform this, visit the File Download – Security Warning window and choose ‘Run’.
- Follow the on-screen commands to start the download.
Execute a system scan in safe mode
Ocassionally, availaibility of certain extremely dangerous virus can create problems with the Norton antivirus not allowing it to a scan and remove the threat.
To fix this not working problem in such case, you require to run your device in safe mode. While in safe mode, scan it using Norton and once the scan is finish and the threat is removed, open in normal mode and then execute the scan one more time.
Uninstall and reinstall Norton
If the other methods do not function and the issue still persists, you can attempt the reinstallation of Norton antivirus program.
To uninstall Norton antivirus
- Initially, Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Now, open the Downloads window in your browser, and double-click the NRnR icon.
- Then accept the license agreement, and click on Remove & Reinstall.
- After that click Continue or Remove option.
- Choose ‘Restart Now’ button and once the computer restarts you can start reinstalling Norton.
To reinstall Norton antivirus
- Login in to your Norton account and click on the ‘Download Norton’ button.
- Choose ‘Agree & Download’ and tap on ‘ok’ to download the setup file.
- Upon effectivelly downloading, double-click the Norton product Installer.
- Tap on ‘Agree & Install’ to start the installation.
- Follow the commands on the screen to complete the installation process.
How to Fix Norton Antivirus not Opening Issue?
In case you are unable to even open your Norton antivirus then follow the instructions given below.
- Check if the Norton was installed effectivelly in our device. In case any significant file got lost during installation, your Norton will not start.
- Make certain there is no other antivirus program open in your device. If any program is open, turn if off temporarily.
- Once again if nothing else functions, you can reinstall Norton in your device.
We wish that after following the above mention steps you would have fix the Norton Antivirus not Opening issue of your own. If not so,
Dial Norton Antivirus Customer support for Instance:
We as an independent third-party Norton customer service provider knows the value of task and time, thus we offer best support from our side. Dial Norton antivirus customer support for best assistance. We have team of certified, trained and knowledgeable professionals having several years of experience in resolving Norton issues. Dial our toll-free for best and instant support.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton antivirus not opening problem
You may also see:
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Why does windows 10 won’t boot after Norton update
- How to fix Norton crashes windows 10
- Why Norton internet security not opening
- How to resolve Norton installation stuck on starting
- How to fix Norton error 8504