Norton is the best antivirus to be used for your system in terms of protection. Sometimes, Norton causes some errors like Norton Avast Error 40961, here are the Symptoms, Causes & Resolution to fix Norton Avast Error 40961.
Getting Norton Avast Error 40961, Give us a call :
|Norton Tech Support number||+1-833-662-5666|
What are the symptoms of Norton Avast Error 40961 ?
- “Error 40961” seems and crashes the active program window.
- Your computer often crashes with Error 40961 once running a similar program.
- “Avast Error Code 40961” is displayed.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your PC sporadically “freezes” for a couple of seconds at a time.
These 40961 error messages will seem throughout program installation, whereas a AVAST code s.r.o.-related code program (eg. Avast! Antivirus) is running, throughout Windows startup or close down, or perhaps throughout the installation of the Windows software system. Keeping track of once and wherever your Norton Avast Error 40961 happens could be a vital piece of knowledge in troubleshooting the matter.
What are the causes of Norton Avast Error 40961 ?
- Corrupt transfer or incomplete installation of Avast! Antivirus code.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Avast! Antivirus-related software change (install or uninstall).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Avast! Antivirus-related program files.
- Another program maliciously or erroneously deleted Avast! Antivirus-related files.
- Runtime Errors like “Norton Avast Error 40961” are often caused by a range of things, therefore it’s vital that you just troubleshoot every of the possible causes to stop it from revenant.
How to resolve Norton Avast Error 40961 ?
Step 1: Repair registry Entries related to Error 40961
Manually editing the Windows registry to get rid of invalid Error 40961 keys isn’t recommended unless you’re computer service professional. Incorrectly editing your registry will stop your computer from functioning and make irreversible harm to your software system. In fact, one misplaced comma will stop your computer from booting entirely.
Step 2: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your computer
There is an opportunity that your 40961 error may well be associated with a malware infection on your computer. These malicious intruders will harm, corrupt, or perhaps delete Runtime Errors-related files. moreover, there is a risk that the 40961 error you’re experiencing is related to a part of the computer program itself.
Step 3: Clean Out Your System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders) With Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Over time, your PC accumulates junk files from normal net surfing and pc use. If this junk is not often cleaned out, it will cause Avast! Antivirus to reply slowly or provides a 40961 error, presumably because of file conflicts or an overloaded drive. cleaning up these temporary files with Disk Cleanup won’t solely solve your 40961 error, however, may also dramatically speed up the performance of your computer.
Step 4: Update Your computer Device Drivers
Step 5: Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
To use System Restore (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click the start button.
- In the search box, kind “System Restore” and hit ENTER.
- In the results, click System Restore.
- Enter any administrator passwords (if prompted).
- Follow the steps within the Wizard to choose a restore point.
- Restore your PC.
Step 6: Uninstall and install the Avast! Antivirus Program related to Norton Avast Error 40961
Step 7: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
System File Checker could be a handy tool enclosed with Windows that permits you scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files (including those associated with Error 40961).
To run System File Checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click the start button.
- Type “command” within the search box… don’t hit ENTER yet!
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, hit ENTER.
- You will be prompted with a permission window.
- Click Yes.
- A black box can open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc /scannow” and hit ENTER.
System File Checker can begin scanning for Norton Avast Error 40961 and alternative system file issues (be patient – the system scan could take a while).
Follow the on-screen commands.
Step 8: Install All accessible Windows Updates
Microsoft is consistently changing and rising Windows system files that would be related to Error 40961. generally resolving your Runtime Errors issues could also be as easy as changing Windows with the newest Service Pack or alternative patch that Microsoft releases on an in-progress basis.
To check for Windows Updates (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click the start button.
- Type “update” into the search box and hit ENTER.
- The Windows Update window can seem.
- If updates are available, click the Install Updates button.
Step 9: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
This step is your final possibility in making an attempt to resolve your Norton Avast Error 40961 issue. Reinstalling Windows can erase everything from your drive, permitting you to start out again with a recent system. moreover, a clean install of Windows also will quickly clean out any and everyone “junk” that has accumulated over the normal usage of your PC.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding how to fix Norton Avast Error 40961