Importance of Norton Antivirus
Anti-viruses protect our device when we are working offline or while working online. However, it is more important to install anti-virus software when we are mostly working in online mode. This is because of the fact that most of the dangerous viruses tend to invade our computer when we are working online. To prevent this, we must install good anti-virus software like Norton which will keep our device safe and prevent any suspicious files from entering our computer even when we are working online.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1 888-225-4458|
Disadvantage Of Norton Antivirus:
Although it is important for us to have an anti-virus, anti-virus softwares have certain disadvantages as well. Sometimes, while blocking suspicious URLs and websites, the anti-virus sometimes tends to block harmless websites as well. The Firewall is responsible for blocking various websites. This firewall sometimes blocks websites which do not cause any harm to our computer.
Norton Blocking Google Chrome:
Many Norton users have reported that the Norton software is blocking Google Chrome from opening in their device. This, actually, is the work of the Firewall of Norton which has mistakenly identified it as a harmful website. This problem can be resolved by changing the Firewall Settings in Norton. We will have to include Google Chrome in the list of applications which are allowed to pass through Firewall.
How to prevent Norton Blocking Google Chrome?
In order to prevent Firewall from blocking Google Chrome, we need to go to Firewall Settings in Norton and make the necessary changes so that Norton is no longer identified as a harmful website. The steps to change the Firewall Settings are as follows:
- Go to Start button present on your Taskbar.
- Click on All Programs.
- Click on Norton from the list that appears.
- Click on Settings. The Settings option is present on the top of the Window that appears.
- Click on the Firewall.
- Go to Program Rules and find Google Chrome from the list that will appear.
- Click on Auto.
- Click on
- Click on Close.
Restart your system. You will find that Norton Firewall is no longer blocking Google Chrome.
Steps to change the firewall settings on your device
There is yet another way to change the Firewall Settings on your device. The necessary steps are as follows:
- Click on the Start button present on the Taskbar of your desktop screen.
- In the Search box, type Windows Firewall.
- Click on “ALLOW A PROGRAMME THROUGH WINDOWS” options
- Click on Continue.
- Click on Change Settings.
- Hit the Allow another app option
- Find Google Chrome from the list that appears.
- Click on Google Chrome.
- Click on Add.
- Click on Ok.
The firewall will no longer block Google Chrome. We will be able to continue browsing in Chrome in the presence of Norton Software on our device.
Also, there are several experts in the Norton Technical Support team who will always lend their hands regarding any issues related to Norton. They can also provide us with the necessary advice required to prevent Norton from blocking Chrome.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton Blocking Google Chrome
You may also see:
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Why does windows 10 won’t boot after Norton update
- How to fix Norton crashes windows 10
- Why Norton internet security not opening
- How to resolve Norton installation stuck on starting
- How to fix Norton error 8504
- Why Norton live update not working mac?
- How to resolve issue cannot activate Norton Security?
- How to resolve Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome