Norton error 8504 and 101 are a very common error experienced by Norton users. These errors occur when our system is being exposed to any kind of infection threats. The errors bring to the notice of the users the chances of an upcoming virus attack. The user can then take the necessary steps to protect their device from such attacks.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
How to troubleshoot Norton error 8504 and 101?
There are many ways by which we can get rid of Norton error 8504 and 101. The various methods are as follows:
Method 1: The first method is to download and run the Norton Power Eraser on our system. Norton Power Eraser can remove any kinds of threat to our computer. It is quite an aggressive anti-virus software that comes along with the Norton package and can detect even a small threat to our computer which other anti-virus software may accidentally miss. The steps to use Norton Power Eraser are as follows:
- Download the Norton Power Eraser. It can be easily downloaded from the internet.
- Select the location where you want to keep your .exe file and click on Save.
- Go to the location where you have saved your .exe file and double-click on it.
- The User Account Control window will appear.
- Click on Yes to continue.
- The license agreement will appear. Read the agreement and then click on “I Agree”
- The Norton Power Eraser window will appear.
- The Norton Power Erase will then perform a rootkit scan of your device.
- After the scanning process is over, you will have to restart your system.
- Click on the restart button when prompted to do so.
- If you do not want this rootkit scan to occur, go to Settings.
- Uncheck the rootkit scan option.
Hopefully, your problem will be solved. However, if this method does not work out, then you will have to go to the next method.
Method 2: The second method is to run Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your device. This can help you get rid of the error. The steps are as follows:
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool. It is easily available on the internet.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop.
- Click on the downloaded file to run it on your system.
- Open the Downloads window on your browser. Click on Ctrl + J keys simultaneously from your keyboard to open the Downloads window.
- Double-click on the NRnr
- The license agreement page will appear. Read the license agreement properly and click on “Accept”.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Click on Remove Only.
- Click on Remove.
- Click on Restart Now. Our machine will restart itself.
Once the machine has restarted itself, follow all the onscreen instructions and restart your device. This will help you in getting rid of your problem.
Thus, follow these steps to fix Norton error 8504 and 101
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton error 8504 and 101
You may also see:
- Steps to resolve Norton issue “At risk won’t fix”
- Why does windows 10 won’t boot after Norton update
- How to fix Norton crashes windows 10
- Why Norton internet security not opening
- How to resolve issue cannot activate Norton Security?
- How to resolve Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome?
- Does your Norton Blocking Google Chrome?
- Norton fixing quick scan is taking too long
- Norton toolbar not showing in chrome
- Norton error unable to continue 80047ec6