Norton is an anti-virus software. It keeps our computer protected from viruses, malware, and Trojans. If we have Norton ant-virus software installed on our device, we can say that our device is safe as Norton will not allow any suspicious files from entering our device as long as we do not approve of it. Norton is especially useful when we have to work online because the viruses enter our computer mostly when we are online. It is however important that you update your software from time to time to prevent new kinds of virus from entering our computer and if we do not update it then we will get Norton error 8504 and 104.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
Norton error 8504 and 104 on Windows 10:
Errors 8504 and 104 are mostly encountered while we are working on Windows 10. They may, however, occur in other versions of windows as well. This error mostly occurs if we have some other security device installed in our system. The presence of the other security system will prevent the Norton anti-virus software from performing properly. Windows 10 has its own security system which may interfere with the functions of Norton anti-virus thus resulting in this error.
This error is also encountered when we are using an older version of Norton security system while more updated versions are available. In that case, it is recommended that you upgrade your version of Norton to get rid of this error.
Various methods used to resolve Norton error 8504 and 104 on Windows 10:
METHOD 1: The first method is to uninstall Norton from our device and then reinstall it once again. To do so, the steps are as follows:
- Down the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool from the internet. It is easily available and can be downloaded from the official site of Norton.
- Save the downloaded file on your desktop screen.
- Open the Download windows of your browser. You can do it either manually or by clicking Ctrl +J from your keyboard.
- Double-Click on the NRnr
- The license agreement page will appear. Read the license agreement and click on “I AGREE”.
- Click on the Advanced
- Click on Remove Only.
- Click on Remove.
- Click on Restart Now.
METHOD 2: The second method is to download any other security products from our device which is blocking the actions of Norton.
The steps are as follows:
- Click on the Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard.
- The Run dialogue box appears. Type “cpl” in the Run dialogue box.
- Press Enter from your keyboard.
- The list of programs which are already installed on our device will appear. From the list, click on the other Security product.
- Click on
- Following the instructions which will appear on your computer screen.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete itself. Click on Ok.
METHOD 3: The third method is to update the video graphics driver of our system. The steps to update the video graphics driver are as follows:
- Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously from your keyboard.
- The Run dialogue box will appear. Type “msc” in the Run dialogue box.
- Press Enter.
- The Device Manager Windows will appear.
- In that window, click on Display
- Right-click on HD graphics card driver.
- Select Properties.
- Check whether your graphics card driver is a current version or you need to update it.
- If you are using an older version of your driver, download the recent version from the internet.
- Restart your machine and check whether it is working properly.
Thus, follow these steps to fix Norton error 8504 and 104
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton error 8504 and 104
You may also see:
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Why does windows 10 won’t boot after Norton update
- How to fix Norton error 8504
- Why Norton live update not working mac?
- How to resolve issue cannot activate Norton Security?
- Norton full system scan freezes
- Norton unable to connect to server
- Norton fixing quick scan is taking too long
- Norton 8921 and 251 error