Norton software protects our device from viruses, Trojans, spyware and malware. It is hence called an anti-virus software. It was developed by Systemic Corporation in the year 1991 and since then, it has been known to protect our computers. Today the numbers of viruses have increased greatly. They have also become much more modified. Hence whenever we buy a computer or laptop or any such mobile devices, it is recommended that you purchase anti-virus software as well as to provide better security for your device.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
What is an error code?
Error codes are very common in Norton. They appear on our computer screen whenever our device meets with some kind of disturbance. In such cases, our primary responsibility is to get rid of the error. Only then will our device get back to its normal form. The errors may occur due to various reasons. They may occur when our anti-virus software has not been updated or has become corrupt. They may also occur when some virus is trying to breach the security and enter our device.
What are the various symptoms of an error?
Whenever our computer meets with an error, it becomes too slow. It takes too long to respond to mouse clicks. The programs which were running on our computer crashes all of a sudden. Our Device experiences an unexpected shutdown. Our computer screen may even freeze from time to time.
How do we get rid of Norton error code 1002?
There are two methods to get rid of Norton error code 1002. They are:
The first method is to undo all the recent changes that you have made to your device by using the Windows System Restore.
The steps to do so are as follows:
- Click on the Start button present on the Taskbar of your device.
- In the search box that appears at the button of the screen type “System Restore” and press enter.
- A list of results may appear. Click on System Restore from there
- Type your administrator password if you are prompted to do so.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to restore your computer.
The second method is to run the Windows System Files checker to check whether any of our system files are missing or not and whether any of them has become corrupt. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Go to the Start button.
- A search box will appear at the bottom of your screen. Type “command” Remember not to press Enter after that.
- Hold the Ctrl+ Shift buttons of your keyboard simultaneously and then press Enter.
- A permission dialog box will appear on your computer Click on Yes button.
- A command prompt window will appear. The window is black in color and has a blinking cursor.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and press Enter.
- The Windows System Files checker will start to scan our device for any missing files or folders.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer.
Hopefully, any one of the above-mentioned steps will help to troubleshoot error 1002. Otherwise, contact Norton Technical Support for their advice.
Thus, follow these steps to fix Norton error code 1002
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton error code 1002
You may also see:
- Steps to resolve Norton issue “At risk won’t fix”
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Norton Identity Safe Vault Password Reset
- Norton full system scan freezes
- Norton unable to connect to server
- Norton fixing quick scan is taking too long
- Norton toolbar not showing in chrome