Error Code: Norton error code 1812
Description: This Norton error code 1812 makes the system extremely slow
Contact: Norton Tech Support
Norton anti-virus software is one of the most widely used anti-virus software. It was developed by Symantec in the 1980s and since then it has been guarding our computers from viruses.
WHAT IS NORTON ERROR CODE 1812?
Norton error code 1812 is one of the most commonly encountered errors of Norton. It makes our computer extremely slow and we are no longer able to work properly on our computer as long as we do not fix the error.
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS CAUSES OF NORTON ERROR CODE 1812?
The various causes of Norton error code 1812 are as follows:
- Some registry files related to Norton anti-virus software has become corrupt or has gone missing.
- The installation of Norton anti-virus software on our device is not proper.
- Our system has been infected by some kind of malware or viruses.
WHAT ARE THE VARIOUS WAYS TO TROUBLESHOOT NORTON ERROR CODE 1812?
The various ways to troubleshoot Norton error code 1812 are as follows:
METHOD 1: This method is especially useful if there is some problem with the registry files of our machines. The registry files are either missing or has become corrupt. The steps to repair the registry files related to Norton are as follows:
- Click on the Start button present on the Taskbar of your Desktop screen.
- Type command in the search box that appears at the bottom but remember not to press Enter immediately.
- While pressing CTRL-Shift simultaneously on your keyboard, press ENTER.
- A permission dialog box will appear on your computer screen..
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor which is basically the command prompt window.
- Type regedit in the command prompt window and hit ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 1812-related key (e.g. Norton Anti-Virus) you want to back up.
- From the File menu, click on Export from the list of options that appear.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the Norton Anti-Virus backup key. Choose any place that is easily accessible to you.
- In the File Name box, type a name for your backup file, such as Norton Anti-Virus Backup. Note down the name somewhere as you may need to access these files later.
- In the Export Range box, make sure that Selected branch is selected.
- Click on Save.
- The file is then saved with a .reg file extension in the place where you have asked your device to save the file.
- You now have a backup of your Norton Anti-Virus-related registry entry. Hence, you can easily manipulate the original files to get rid of your error.
METHOD 2: The second method that we have in hand is to remove and reinstall Norton from the Control Panel of your computer. This may sometimes prove itself to be useful.
However, if none of the above methods work properly, then you will have to contact Norton Technical Support for help. They can be easily contacted with the toll-free number given in the official site of Norton.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to resolve Norton error code 1812
You may also see:
- How to resolve Norton error 138
- How to fix Norton server error 500
- Norton server error 1026
- Updated Norton Internet Security seems to corrupt system
- How to remove Norton internet security
- How to Reset Norton Family Password
- Norton power eraser problems
- Norton causing internet connection problems
- Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe
- Can’t communicate with Norton server