Norton is an anti-virus software which was developed by Systemic Corporation in the year 1991. Since then it has been known to protect our computer from various virus attacks. Its other important characteristics include protecting our computer from malware and phishing attacks. Norton can function on any platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, and Android. It is one of the best anti-virus software available to us and is quite effective is protecting our computer against viruses. Norton Antivirus also has an associated product named Norton Internet Security which provides better protection for our computer while we are working online.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
NORTON ERROR CODE 3038:
Sometimes, while using Norton, we may come across a wide variety of error codes. These error codes prevent the software from working properly. Once an error is encountered, we will have to find out the cause of the error and find out a proper solution to get rid of that error.
Error 3038 is one such type of error. This error occurs after we have upgraded our software. This is a very common type of error and we can troubleshoot this error quite easily.
HOW TO GET RID OF NORTON ERROR CODE 3038:
There are two main ways by which we can get rid of Norton error code 3038. These methods are as follows:
The first method is to run Norton LiveUpdate. The function of LiveUpdate is to check whether we are using an updated version of Norton software. If not, then it will directly download the updates that are available to us. However, for carrying out this process, we need to make sure that we have a proper internet connection. Only then can we use this method. The steps to carry out this process are as follows:
- Go to the Start button on the Taskbar of your computer.
- Click on All Programs
- From the list of programs that appear, click on Norton.
- The Norton main window will appear. Click on Security.
- Click on LiveUpdate. Before doing so, check that you have a proper internet connection. Otherwise, you will not be able to run LiveUpdates.
- The Norton LiveUpdate will start to function and download all the latest versions of the software.
- Once the update process is complete, the following message will be displayed “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates.” Click on Ok.
- Close all the programs that are currently running on your computer.
- Restart your computer.
Hopefully, you will be able to get rid of error 3038 by following these steps. If not then you will have to go to the next method.
The second method that we have in hand is to run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Down the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool.
- Save the .exe file on your desktop screen.
- Open the Download windows of your browser.
- Click on the NRnr icon.
- The license agreement page will be displayed to you. Read the license agreement carefully and click on “I AGREE”.
- Click on the Advanced options.
- Click on Remove Only.
- Click on Remove.
- Click on Restart Now.
Thus, follow these steps to fix Norton error code 3038
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton error code 3038
You may also see:
- Steps to resolve Norton issue “At risk won’t fix”
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Does your Norton Blocking Google Chrome?
- Norton Identity Safe Vault Password Reset
- Norton full system scan freezes
- Norton unable to connect to server
- Norton fixing quick scan is taking too long