What is Norton?
Norton is a type of anti-virus which protects our devices from harmful files and folders. These days, with the advancement of technology, the number of viruses is increasing, thereby exposing our computers to various threats. Norton helps in preventing such viruses from entering our computer. It is used by millions of people and is one of the most widely used anti-virus software. However, it is important that we update our Norton software from time to time so that we are able to enjoy the advancements which have been made to the software. Now a days people are facing a new issue Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome, read more to know more about it.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
What is Norton Identity Safe?
Norton Identity Safe is a feature of Norton Software that helps our device to remember our usernames and passwords. Hence it becomes easier to log in to various websites.
Advantages of Norton Identity Safe Antivirus
The Norton Identity Safe has various advantages:
- This feature saves a lot of time as we do not need to type the username and password over and over again for various websites
- Also, even if we forget our password, we are able to log-in to our website without any hindrance.
- The Norton Identity Safe feature stored all our passwords in the cloud-based directory in a synchronized Only we are able to access our passwords. Thus it stores our password in a very protective way.
- It also warns us before logging-in to an unsafe website.
- It blocks various suspicious websites in the search result itself.
Thus the Identity Safe feature helps us browse through the website in a secure and risk-free manner.
Norton Identity Safe not working in google chrome:
There are many websites where, if we want to log-in to that particular website, a page appears where we need to type our username and only after the username has been verified, another page will appear where we need to give our password and only after both the username and password has been verified, we can log-in to the website. These types of websites are called split-page websites and are mostly found in various banking websites. The Identity Safe can only store our user-names and passwords if the website uses we form of split-page login.
If Norton Identity Safe is not working in Google Chrome, it is most probably because of the fact that you are using an older version of the Norton software.
How to resolve Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome
Steps to update the Norton antivirus:
- Go to
- Click on All Programs.
- Click on Norton from the list of programs that appear.
- Go to Options.
- From Options, click on LiveUpdates.
- Click on Apply.
All the updates will be downloaded. However, before executing the follows steps, we must make sure that we have a proper internet connection.
Another method to resolve Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome
If this way is not working, then you should probably update the settings for split-page login. The steps are as follows:
- Open the required website.
- Click the Vault is closed option present on the top of the web page.
- In the Window that appears, type your password and username.
- Click on Sign-in.
Hopefully, your Identity Safe will start to work on Google Chrome.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome
You may also see:
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Why does windows 10 won’t boot after Norton update
- How to fix Norton crashes windows 10
- Why Norton internet security not opening
- How to resolve Norton installation stuck on starting
- How to fix Norton error 8504
- Why Norton live update not working mac?