What is Norton internet security antivirus ?
Norton 360 was developed by Symantec. It is an “All in one” security suite that combined online protection with performance tuning. If you are facing issues like error Norton internet security error 8504 the contact Norton Tech Support.
|Norton Tech Support number||+1 888-225-4458|
What are the causes of Norton internet security error 8504 ?
The Norton internet security error 8504 is caused due to a failed install when the product is being upgraded to a newer version and another security product installed in your device.
- Incomplete installation and corrupt download of software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Norton 360 related software change.
- Virus or malware infection.
What are the symptoms of Norton internet security error 8504 ?
- Active program window crashes and “Norton Autofix error code 8504” appears.
- When running the same program, your PC frequently crashes with Norton 360 premier has encountered an error 8504.
- “Norton internet security error 8504” is displayed.
- Device periodically “Freezes” for few seconds at a time.
How to resolve Norton internet security error 8504 ?
Step 1) Download and Run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. (The file is automatically saved to its default location).
- Press CTRL +J key to open the downloads windows in your browser.
- Select and double click on the NRnR icon.
- Click Agree after reading the licence agreement.
- Select Remove and Reinstall. If your Norton product is from your service provider then you may see the Remove button.
- Click on remove or continue.
- Select Restart now.
Once the system is restarted, follow the on screen instructions to reinstall Norton.
Step 2) Uninstall any non- Symantec security product
- Press Windows+ R key on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type appwiz.cpland and press enter.
- The list of all security products will be displayed. Correctly select the non- symantec products and click Uninstall or remove for all the products.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to remove/ uninstall the security products.
Restart the device when uninstall process is complete.
Step 3) Update the Video Graphics driver to fix error norton 8504
- To open the Run dialog box, press the Windows +R key on your keyboard.
- Press Enter after typing the following text.
- Double click on Display adapters, in the Device manager window.
- Select Properties after right clicking on the HD graphics card.
- Check whether the graphics card driver is outdated or current, on the Driver tab.
You need to update the download and install the latest version of the graphics card driver, if the driver is outdated.
- Select the graphics card manufacturer.
- Check if the issue is resolved after restarting the device.
Step 4) Repair the registry entries associated with Norton 360 premier edition error 8504
Unless you are a PC service professional, manually editing the Windows Registry to remove invalid Norton internet security error 8504 keys is not recommended. Incorrectly editing your registry can stop the system from working and will create irreversible damage to your operating system.
Step 5) Conduct a full Malware scan of your system
There is a possibility that the Norton security suite has encountered an error 8504 you are experiencing is related to a component of the malicious program. The error could be related to a malware infection on your PC. These malware can damage, delete or even corrupt Runtime errors related files. Install a malware program to remove the issues.
Step 6) Clean out your system junk
The system accumulates junk files from normal web surfing and computer use over time. If the junk is not cleaned out occasionally, it can cause Norton Internet security to respond slowly or provide an Norton internet security error 8504, possibly due to file conflicts or an overloaded hard drive. Cleaning up these junk will solve the Norton internet security error 8504.
Step 7) Uninstall and Reinstall the Norton 360 program associated with the Norton 360 premier edition error 8504
If the Norton 360 premier edition error 8504 is associated with a specific program, Reinstalling Norton 360 related software will resolve the Norton security suite has encountered an error 8504.
- Click on Start button.
- Select Programs and features.
- Click on Control panel on the right side menu
- Select Programs.
- Click on Programs and features.
- Under the name column, select the name of the program associated with the error.
- Click on the Norton 360 associated entry.
- On the top menu ribbon click on the uninstall button.
- Follow the instruction to uninstall the program and reinstalling it.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton 360 premier edition error 8504
You may also see:
- Norton toolbar not showing in chrome
- Norton error unable to continue 80047ec6
- Norton error 8504 and 101
- Norton error 8504 and 104 on windows 10
- Norton 8921 and 251 error
- Norton error code 1016
- Norton error code 3048 3
- Norton error code 3038
- How to resolve Norton error 138
- How to fix Norton server error 500