Norton not working on mac
Norton Antivirus is one of the best resources to eradicate the virus from your computer as well as mobile devices. In the absence of Norton, you cannot imagine your device secure from the threat of virus attack and any kind of unauthorized cyber attack. Thus it is most significant to install Norton today on your technical devices instantly. On the next angle, it is also essential to secure your Antivirus from the mess that happens when you are not updating its software from time to time which is most significant to do so. Sometimes a user of Nordon antivirus may face problems like Norton not working on mac. For that, you need technical support or follow simple steps to resolve this issue.
Go to a valid strategy that helps to overcome the problem and provides the best advice to fix the issue in a very short time. But occasionally it does face an error and at this one of the things to do in the Mac device that resolves the problem in no time.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1 888-225-4458|
The process to fix Norton not working or not responding on Mac:
There is an extremely simple method to resolve such issues. Simply follow the steps mentioned below.
- Initially, exit the entire applications that are already open.
- After that, restart your computer.
- Now, open Norton antivirus again & examine if the issue got fixed or not.
If the problem still persists then you require to uninstall the Norton by using RemoveSymantechMacFiles tool & reinstall it.
Uninstalling Norton using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool
- Initially, visit the official website of Norton & download RemoveSymantechMacFiles tool.
- Then the file will be downloaded in a zip folder.
- On your Mac device tap on finder option.
- From the menu bar tap on ”go” followed by ”Downloads”.
- Now open RemoveSymantechMacFiles folder.
- After opening the RemoveSymantechMacFiles folder, control-click on RemoveSymantechMacFiles.
- Tap on ”open with” followed by ”Terminal (default)”.
- Now, in the terminal window, enter your administrator password & press enter.
- If you want to remove entire Symantech folders and files then type 1.
- Press return and wait till the RemoveSymantechMacFiles tools eradicate the files.
- Enter ”y” in the terminal window & click return in order to restart your Mac.
You have effectively uninstalled the Norton antivirus. Now you require to reinstall it.
Reinstalling Norton Antivirus
After uninstalling Norton using RemoveSymantechMacFiles tool, you can install a new copy by following the steps mentioned below:
- Initially, sign in to Norton using your email address and password.
- Tap on ”Download Norton” from the Norton setup window.
- Tap on ”Agree and Download” followed by ”OK” to save the setup.zip file.
- Now open the downloaded file & tap ”Agree and install” to start installation.
- Then enter your Administrator account password if inquired.
- Follow the commands that will emerge on the screen.
- Finally, restart your computer when the installation got completed.
Note: Restarting the Mac device is must to finish the installation process & save changes.
We wish that after following the above-mentioned steps, you would have fixed Norton not working on mac issue. If not so…
Dial Norton Customer service Number to get in touch with experts:
We wish that after following the above mentioned steps you would have fixed norton not working on mac issue of your own. Quick action must be taken to resolve this issue, but this is not possible if you are not tech savvy. Dial Norton Customer Service to get in touch with proficient experts who will fix the issue easily. Dial our toll-free for best and instant support.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Why Norton not working on mac
You may also see:
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- Why does windows 10 won’t boot after Norton update
- How to fix Norton crashes windows 10
- Why Norton internet security not opening
- How to resolve Norton installation stuck on starting
- How to fix Norton error 8504