What is Norton Power Eraser ?
Norton Power Eraser error is a free virus removal tool that can be run to remove malware and threats from your computer. It can be downloaded to scan for threats even if you have a Symantec product, or any other security product. You can run Norton Power Eraser in safe mode, if you cannot start the computer in normal mode.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
To detect the most aggressive computer viruses and is easy to download, Norton Power eraser scans your system quickly. The Norton Power Eraser does not work with computers running on Mac OS X and it is compatible with computers running Microsoft Windows operating systems only.
How to download and run Norton Power Eraser ?
- Download Norton Power Eraser.
- Select Save.
- Click on save after selecting the location as desktop.
- Double click the NPE.exe file to run the Norton Power Eraser.
- Click Yes or Continue, if the User Account Control window prompts.
- Click on Accept after reading the licence agreement.
- Click the Scan for Risks icon, in the Norton Power Eraser window.
- By default, Norton Power Eraser requires system restart as it performs a Rootkit scan. Click Restart, when you see a prompt to restart your computer.
- Go to settings, and uncheck the option include Rootkit scan (requires a system restart), if you do not want to include the Rootkit scan.
- After the system restarts, the scan starts automatically. Follow to on-screen instructions for further steps.
Simple Steps to resolve Norton Power Eraser Error
How to fix Norton Power Eraser Error virus scan problem ?
Steps to Run Live update to fix Norton power eraser error
- Click and start Norton
- Click Security, and then click on Live update in the main window.
- Click on OK when Norton Live update is finished.
- Until you see a message, “Your Norton product has the latest protection updates,” run Live update.
- Restart the device after exiting all the programs.
How to fix Norton Power Eraser Error Internet connection ?
Steps to resolve the Norton Power Eraser Error by Norton Remove and Reinstall tool
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool. ( The file is automatically saved to its default location).
- Press CTRL +J key to open the downloads windows in your browser.
- Select and double click the NRnR icon.
- Click Agree after reading the licence agreement.
- Select Remove and Reinstall. If your Norton product is from your service provider then you may see the Remove button.
- Click on remove or continue.
- Select Restart now.
- Once the system is restarted, follow the on screen instructions to reinstall norton.
- Norton Power eraser should be used on a single computer/ device or small group of computers. Other applicants should not run at the same time when power eraser is working. It should be run at emergency situation such as when computers have a persistent problem and exhibit instability.
Some of the important points to keep in mind to resolve Norton Power Eraser error :
- Power Eraser does not scan each and every file on the computer.
- It examines running processes and installed services.
- Power eraser does not automatically remediate detection.
- Norton Power Eraser can run in regular mode or in Rootkit mode.
- In case you choose to remove any detection, the system must be restarted for the remediation to complete.
- When Norton Power Eraser is running, Symantec endpoint protection cancels any virus and Spyware scan in progress.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding How to resolve Norton power eraser error
You may also see:
- Steps to resolve Norton issue “At risk won’t fix”
- How to switch from Norton to windows defender?
- Why recent windows update disabled Norton antivirus?
- How to fix when Norton Live Update not working?
- Does your Norton disappeared in windows 10
- How to Reset Norton Family Password
- Norton power eraser problems
- Norton causing internet connection problems
- Norton 360 unspecified error uistub exe
- Can’t communicate with Norton server