Norton is an anti-virus software which protects our device from various self-replicating files and folders. These files and folders are termed as viruses. Sometimes, even hackers try to enter our computer and steal our personal information like passwords and bank account numbers. This can cause us massive harm. So, in order to protect our computers and keep all our files in folders secured, we need to have anti-virus loaded to our system. This helps us in overcoming any kind of problems related to a computer virus.
|Norton support phone number U.S.A||1-833-662-5666|
WHY IS IT NECESSARY TO UPDATE OUR NORTON SOFTWARE?
There are various researchers and technicians attached to Norton who is constantly monitoring the activities of various viruses. They then make necessary changes to the Norton software such that they can fight against those newly modified viruses. To avail those changes made to our original software, we need to update our software from time to time. These updates will make our device even more safe and impenetrable.
NORTON UNABLE TO CONNECT TO SERVER:
Sometimes it may occur that we are unable to update our Norton software. This happens when the Norton Software is unable to connect to a server. This problem may arise if we do not have a proper internet connection. However, if we do have an internet connection, yet our software is unable to connect to the server, then we have to take one of the following steps:
If you are working on Windows 10 Operating System and Norton unable to connect to server then:
Method 1: The first way out is to restart your computer. This can often solve issues related to the server. The steps are as follows:
- Close all the programs and applications that are currently running on our computer.
- Restart the machine and try connecting Norton to the server once again.
Method 2: The second way is to set a default web browser. The steps are as follows:
- Go to
- Click on
- Go to
- Go to Web Browser.
- Type the name of the browser that you wish to use as your default web browser.
- Click on Ok.
If you have Windows XP/Vista/7/8 Operating System:
Method 1: The first method is as same as the one we use in Windows 10. We need to restart our machine and try connecting to the server once again. The steps are:
- Close all the presently running programs and applications.
- Restart your machine.
Once the machine has restarted, try connecting to the server one again.
Method 2: The second method is to set up a default web browser. The steps are as follows:
- Press Windows +R The Run dialogue box will appear.
- In the Run Dialog Box, type “control”.
- Press Enter.
- In the Control Panel Window, Select
- In the Control Panel Windows, Select Programs.
- Go to Default Programs.
- Click on Set your default program.
- Go to Programs.
- Select the browser that we want to set as our default browser.
- Click on Set this program as your default browser.
Thus follow these steps to resolve Norton unable to connect to server
Comment below if you have any queries regarding Norton unable to connect to server
You may also see:
- How to fix Norton crashes windows 10
- Why Norton internet security not opening
- How to resolve Norton installation stuck on starting
- How to fix Norton error 8504
- Why Norton live update not working mac?
- How to resolve issue cannot activate Norton Security?
- How to resolve Norton Identity Safe not working in chrome?
- Does your Norton Blocking Google Chrome?
- Norton Identity Safe Vault Password Reset
- Norton full system scan freezes